Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Baby-Mama Drama & Other Thoughts

Well, I hate to say this, but I quite enjoyed the Metro Court hostage crisis for the most part. Sure Lulu was kind of an idiot and I can't stand MaxiePad or Lucky, but I loved the Spinelli/Jason scenes as well as the emotional force known as Emily. (Even though she was one of the reason I originally began to watch, I still hadn't forgiven her for the whole Sonny debacle!) Overall, I thought it was a well-written couple of weeks that really showed off a number of characters and led to some interesting twists and turns.
That being said, I hate that they killed Alan and I hate what they have done to Liz. Ever since the rape storyline in the '90s, her character has always interested me. Unlike the typical female long-running soap character, Liz has remained pretty true to herself and not fallen into the usual pitfalls. She isn't a selfish *beep* like Carly and she up until now I never saw her character as a manipulator. But I am having a real issue where her character is going at the moment. I quite like Liason...I liked them years ago and I especially like them now that Sam has been written in a corner and no matter what they do she will always be an asshat to me. I think Jason could be happy with Liz for the long-term and I would like to see him get out of the mob. We have been doing that for years. Why not allow Steve Burton to evolve into a new character...perhaps one with less spikey hair! I don't know just a thought...
I don't doubt that the baby news will come out at LL2's second wedding. I mean this is a soap, but I don't mind the cliche as long as some good comes from it. Let Jason be with his kid and let's ditch Sam completely. While we are at it...let's eliminate the Carly/Sonny/Jax idiotic love triangle (come one we have all endured at least one Carly/Sonny or Sonny vs. Jax storyline!) and focus on some of the more stable couples for a change like Robin and Patrick!!

No comments: